- An account with Amazon AWS
- An access key ID
- A secret access key.
Create a user and get a secret access key for FileZilla Pro Command Line
- Go to the IAM dashboard at https://console.aws.amazon.com/iam
- Select Users from the menu on the left.
- Click on Add User.
- Enter a user name.
- Tick the Programmatic access checkbox.
- Click on Next: Permissions.
- Click on Attach existing policies directly.
- Enter S3 in the policy search field and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Tick the AmazonS3FullAccess policy.
- Click on Next: Tags.
- Click on Next: Review
- Check that you’ve assigned the AmazonS3FullAccess policy.
- Click on Create User.
- Without closing this browser window – you’ll need the access key information – open FileZilla Pro Command Line.
Connecting to S3
Use the s3 protocol and connect to the
From the prompt enter the connect command:
Optionally you can use the parameters of the connect command:
Note that the path is optional but if present it has to start with a slash.