This feature is only available on FileZilla Pro, if you didn’t buy it yet you can buy FileZilla Pro from our Store →
Below you find a step by step guide, if you prefer you can watch our How to Upload Files to Backblaze B2 video tutorial.
What you’ll need to upload files to Backblaze B2
- A B2 account
- Your B2 account ID
- An application key
Finding your B2 account ID and application key
- Log into your Backblaze B2 account.
- Click on My Account in the top right of the window.
- Click on Show Account ID and Application Key.
- Copy your account ID into a text editor.
- Scroll down to the Add Application Key section of the pop-up window.
- Enter a name, and select any restrictions that you need. FileZilla Pro will need read
and write permissions for at least one bucket.
- Click on Create Application Key.
The Backblaze B2 website will create a new application key for FileZilla Pro to use.
- Scroll down to the Your Application Keys section of the pop-up window.
You should see a Success! message just above it.
- Copy the new application key into a text editor.
Configuring FileZilla Pro
- Open FileZilla Pro.
- In the menu bar, click on File > Site Manager….
- Click on New Site
- Select Backblaze B2 from the Protocol drop down list.
- Enter the account ID and application key that you copied into a text editor earlier.
- Click on Connect.
- Check the server certificate details displayed – Organization should be Dropbox, Inc.
- Click on OK.
Your B2 directories and files will be displayed in the Remote directories section of the
You can now transfer files between your local machine and your B2 account.
The video tutorial below shows how to connect to Backblaze B2.