This feature is only available on FileZilla Pro, if you didn’t buy it yet you can buy FileZilla Pro from our Store →
Below you find a step by step guide, if you prefer you can watch our How to Upload Files to Box video tutorial.
What you’ll need to upload files to Box:
- A Box account
- Your usual login details for Box; a user ID (typically an email address) and password for the Box account
Note: If FileZilla Pro is configured to save passwords protected by a master password (see Protect Passwords with a Master Password), you’ll only need to authenticate it for use with Box once; it will save the access token for future connections.
Configuring FileZilla Pro for Box
- Open FileZilla Pro.
- In the menu bar, click on File > Site Manager….
- Click on New Site.
- Select Box from the Protocol drop down list.
- Click on Connect.
FileZilla Pro will send an authentication request to Box.
Box will display a pop-up window asking you to log in. Enter your credentials.
- Click Authorize.
Box asks to grant access.
- Click Grant access to Box.
FileZilla Pro will check the server’s TLS certificate and display a window like this:
- Check the server certificate details displayed – Organization should be Box, Inc.
- Click on OK.
Your Box directories and files will be displayed in the Remote directories section of the main window.
You can now transfer files between your local machine and your Box.
The video tutorial below shows how to Connect to Box.