Note: You will require administrator privileges on the current computer if you want to install FileZilla Pro for all users of the machine.
Installing FileZilla Pro is slightly different on each operating system.
FileZilla Pro customers: buy FileZilla Pro and you’ll receive a login (usually your email address) a code and a download link. Click on the link, or copy and paste to your browser, and enter your login and code to start the download.
Ensure that you pay attention to where the download saves onto your local computer.
Before installing, you’ll need:
- At least 50MB of space free on your drive.
- Administrator privileges if you want to make it available for all users on a Windows machine.
Read below our step by step guide on how to install, if you prefer you can watch our Installation video tutorial instead.
- Double-click on the FileZilla Pro install file to begin the installation.
This file will be named FileZilla_Pro__-setup.exe: for example, FileZilla_Pro_3.37.0_win64-setup.exe.
- Select whether to install FileZilla Pro for all users of the machine, or only the current
- Select the components that you want to be installed with FileZilla Pro:
- FileZilla Pro is the base program; this is required.
- Icon sets provide different looks.
- Language files allow you to run FileZilla Pro in a language other than English.
- Shell extension allows you to drag and drop files from Windows Explorer
into FileZilla Pro.
- Desktop icon adds a link to FileZilla Pro to your desktop, making it easy to find and run the program.
navigate to your preferred directory, then click OK to move to the next window.
The video tutorial below shows how to install FileZilla Pro on Windows.