By default, FileZilla/FileZilla Pro asks you what to do when you create a new remote server connection if it already has an active connection. You can modify this behavior, though.
The options are:
- Always ask what to do (default)
- Open a new tab for the new connection and don’t terminate the previous connection
- Terminate the existing connection and create the new connection
To modify FileZilla Pro’s behavior when you open a new connection:
- In the main menu, click on Edit > Settings….
- Select Interface from the menu on the left.
- Select an option from the When starting a new connection while already connected drop down list.
- Click on OK.