- In a second factor authentication method users are granted access to a service or an application after successfully presenting two or more pieces of information. Such factors usually are based on something you know, have or are.
- client is a computer application that you use to connect your local computer to FileZilla Pro Enterprise Server. FileZilla, FileZilla Pro and FileZilla Pro Command Line are clients. Using it, you can add, delete, or edit files and/or directories on FileZilla Pro Enterprise Server.
- CIDR Notation
- Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR) is a representation of an IP address and its associated network mask.
- Distinguished Name
- A comma-separated sequence of relative distinguished names (RDN). Each RDN is a plus-separated set of attribute-value pairs. Each attribute is separated from its value by the
- It’s a process that the operating system (Unix, Linux and macOS) runs in background.
- When files are transferred from FileZilla Pro Enterprise Server to a local machine.
- File Transfer Protocol is a basic method for moving files between local and remote computers.
See FTP for more information.
- File Transfer Protocol with TLS is a secure version of File Transfer Protocol (standard FTP).
File transfers are encrypted between a client and FileZilla Pro Enterprise Server. See FTPS for
- A port is a logical construct that identifies a specific process or a type of network service.
- In terms of FileZilla Pro Enterprise Server, a recursive action on a directory affects all of its
subdirectories and files in them and so on.
- SSH File Transfer Protocol is a method that FileZilla Pro Enterprise Server can use to access
and transfer files on a server. It is based on Secure Socket Shell protocol, and it uses a server’s
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) encrypts communications between a client and FileZilla Pro En-
terprise Server. This keeps the files that you’re transferring secure from eavesdroppers while
they’re in transit between your local computer and the server. TLS is used in FTPS connections.
- When files are transferred from a local machine to FileZilla Pro Enterprise Server.
- Universal Resource Identifiers: strings containing names or addresses identifying a resource
on the internet.
- Universal Naming Convention. A path format for identify resources in a network. On Windows
the format is
- User ID
- Also sometimes referred to as a User Name or User Identification. This is the string of text
that an application, server, or website recognize as belonging to a particular person. Some-
times your user ID will be your email address; sometimes just a string of characters, for exam-
- Windows Service
- A Windows Service is an executable application that the operating system runs in background.
Tags: FileZilla Server Common Terminology