FileZilla® Pro supports both Microsoft Azure Files and Azure Blob storage to store your data in the cloud. Looking for a fast and reliable access to Microsoft Azure storage services? Read below.
Azure Blobs allows unstructured data to be stored and accessed at a massive scale in block blobs. Azure Files offers fully managed file shares in the cloud made accessible via the Server Message Block (SMB) protocol. You can learn more about Azure Files and Azure Blob at Microsoft site.
For in-depth description of the Azure storage protocols and the scenarios for when to use them, visit Microsoft resources. Microsoft has been named a Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud Storage along with Amazon and Google.
How to connect to Microsoft Azure.
- Get your access key from the Microsoft Azure Dashboard Portal site, by clicking on the link to the Dashboard website.
- Create a site entry for your S3 connection, to do that click New in the Site Manager dialog box to create a new connection.
- Select Microsoft Azure File Storage Service or Azure Blob storage service as the protocol. FileZilla Pro will automatically fill in the host name.
- Choose normal as the logon type and then enter your storage account id and access key in the text boxes.
- You can now connect to your Azure storage service. In the right side you see your shares, directories and files.
The video tutorial below shows how to easily connect to Microsoft Azure File.