How to Connect to WebDAV
FileZilla® Pro provides native support for WebDAV, the Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning protocol. Read below to Learn how to connect to WebDAV using FileZilla Pro.
FileZilla Pro supports a variety of well-established and trusted protocols, and it was natural to add WebDAV. WebDAV makes web designers’, editors’, and webmasters’ lives easier, and allows them to easily share files on a web server.
Established in 1996, WebDAV provides a framework for users to create, change, and move documents on a server. WebDAV allows to manage Web content authoring properties, such as:
- creation/modification date,
- manage the organization of the files on the server.
How to transfer files to your WebDAV server
- Click New in the Site Manager dialog box to create a new connection.
- Select WebDAV as the protocol.
- Enter the host name, as supplied by your provider.
- Then enter your username and password in their respective text boxes.
- In the right side you see your files and directories.
The video tutorial below shows how to easily connect to WebDAV with FileZilla Pro.