FileZilla/FileZilla Pro can run up to 10 file transfers – uploads or downloads – at a time. However, on slow or heavily-used networks and internet connections, you might want to decrease the number of file transfers happening at one time. There are three ways to do this:
- Limit the overall number of simultaneous transfers (uploads and downloads combined)
- Limit the number of simultaneous uploads
- Limit the number of simultaneous downloads
To change the number of simultaneous file transfers:
- In the main menu, click on Edit > Settings….
- Select Transfers from the menu on the left.
- Set a maximum number of simultaneous transfers.
- If desired, set a limit for simultaneous uploads and simultaneous downloads.
These options are still limited by the maximum simultaneous transfers setting; for example, if the Maximum simultaneous transfers option is set to 2 and Limit for concurrent uploads is set to 10, FileZilla/FileZilla Pro will still only allow at most 2 simultaneous uploads.
- Click on OK.