Connect to Dropbox with FileZilla Pro
FileZilla® Pro supports Dropbox, one of the most popular file-sharing protocols. Learn how to connect to Dropbox.
More than 500 million people use Dropbox, uploading daily over 1.3 billion files. Dropbox allows users to store files, back up data and distribute information. As a popular alternative to FTP, the support for Dropbox is an important addition to FileZilla Pro’s features. Read below to learn how to transfer files to Dropbox.
How to transfer files to your Dropbox folder.
- Click New in the Site Manager dialog box to create a new connection.
- Select Dropbox as the protocol. FileZilla Pro fills the host name automatically.
- You get redirected to Dropbox to authorize FileZilla Pro.
- Enter your Dropbox credentials to continue.
- Authorize FileZilla Pro to access your Dropbox.
- You can close the browser window.
- In the right side you see your files and directories.
The video tutorial below shows how to easily connect to Dropbox with FileZilla Pro.
Dropbox requires an authorization step that creates an authentication token. To avoid authorizing FileZilla Pro every time you launch it, read below.
How to connect to Dropbox without having to re-authorize
- Choose Edit, Settings, Password, then select Save passwords protected by a master password and close FileZilla Pro.
- Launch FileZilla Pro again and open Site Manager. Then select the Dropbox connection and click Connect.
- Select ‘Remember master password‘. From now on you won’t be asked to authorize it again.
- Do you want FileZilla Pro stops storing Dropbox token? Just select the option ‘Forget stored master password’.
The video tutorial below shows how to manage Dropbox token.