Installing FileZilla/FileZilla Pro is slightly different on each operating system.
When you buy FileZilla Pro, you’ll receive a login (usually your email address) and code, as well as a download link. Click on the link, or copy and paste to your browser, and enter your login and code to start the download.
Ensure that you pay attention to where the download saves onto your local computer.
Before installing, you’ll need:
- At least 50MB of space free on your drive.
- Administrator privileges if you want to make it available for all users on a Windows machine
You’ll require administrator privileges on the current computer if you want to install FileZilla/FileZilla Pro for all users of the machine.
- Double-click on the FileZilla/FileZilla Pro install file to begin the installation.
This file will be named FileZilla_Pro__-setup.exe: for example, FileZilla_Pro_3.37.0_win64-setup.exe.
- Select whether to install FileZilla/FileZilla Pro for all users of the machine, or only the current
- Select the components that you want to be installed:
- FileZilla/FileZilla Pro is the base program; this is required.
- Icon sets provide different looks.
- Language files allow you to run FileZilla/FileZilla Pro in a language other than English.
- Shell extension allows you to drag and drop files from Windows Explorer
into FileZilla/FileZilla Pro.
find and run the program.
navigate to your preferred directory, then click OK to move to the next window.